FEI-GREGAA EMISSIONS INVENTORY
The Urban Environmental Sustainability Group (UESG) has developed the Flexible Emission Inventory for Greece and the Greater Athens Area (FEI-GREGAA), a database of anthropogenic emissions mapped at national and local level for Greece.
- FEI-GREGAA has been created in a Geographic Information System according to the methodology proposed by the European Environment Agency, following bottom-up / top-down approaches depending on the type of source and using data from official sources (Ministries, Hellenic Statistical Authority, Eurostat).
- Covers the period 2006 – 2019 and is updated on a continuous basis.
- Provides the hourly emissions of gaseous pollutants, particles, heavy metals, PAHs and greenhouse gases GHGs from anthropogenic activities in a 2x2km2 grid for Greece and 1x1km2 grid for the Region of Attica.
Monthly emissions data, spatially aggregated on a 6×6 km2 grid, are freely available to the public for the following pollutants and particles CO, NH3, NMVOCs, NOx, PM10 και PM2.5. Please contact Dr. Fameli Kyriaki – Maria (email@example.com) and Dr. Vasiliki Assimakopoulos (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the provision of data.
road transport (TD/BU)
|Aviation (BU)||Navigation (BU)||small combustion (TD/BU)||industries (from eprtr, BU)||off road (TD)||Agriculture (TD)||
commercial cooking (BU)
|Priority Heavy Metals||Pb, Hg, As||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Additional Heavy Metals||Cr, Cu, Ni, Se, Zn||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
AIR QUALITY FORECASTS
Numerical simulations for the short-term air quality forecast in Greece are implemented with the WRF/CAMx modelling system in collaboration with the METEO unit. Air quality forecasts for Greek cities and areas of interest are presented to the public daily on the website https://meteo.gr/ in the section POLLUTANTS (https://meteo.gr/cf-aqi.cfm?city_id=86).
LOW COST IoT SENSOR NETWORK
A network of stations for continuous monitoring of particulate pollution has been created in the urban area of Athens, which achieves:
- Real-time monitoring of the air pollution (PM5) in the urban environment of Athens.
- Development of a time series data in order to study the role of the meteorology, the emissions and the local flows on the configuration of the obtained pollution levels.
- Study of the population exposure and its connection with anthropogenic activities that are directly related to everyday life.
- FEI-GREGAA update and comparison of results from the numerical applications performed with the photochemical / meteorological modelling system WRF/CAMx.
The network of sensors is presented on the website https://air-quality.gr/, which has been developed within the framework of EY PANACEA. The UES Group is responsible for the operation of six sensors installed in the Attica basin.