Currently, the Institute’s strategy is based upon the following pillars:
- Extension of its nation-wide weather monitoring networks and development of reliable databases.
- Integrated monitoring of environmental pressures, focusing on atmospheric quality, following multidisciplinary approaches and applying synergies between different methodologies and tools.
- Improvement of the understanding, monitoring and forecasting of meteorological parameters and their integration in methodologies tools and services.
- Development of tools and methodologies for the analysis of future climate projections in Europe/the Mediterranean Basin, the estimation of the impacts of climate change and the assessment of adaptation and mitigation strategies.
- Development of methodological tools for the assessment of the building energy performance to reach nearly-zero energy buildings (NZEB).